Maynard Backpack Program for Children
As a division of the Maynard Food Pantry we focus our attention on providing nutritious nonperishable food for kids on weekends during the school year. Our mission is to provide food assistance for children in our community that will support and promote learning in our schools. We deliver bags of food to the schools every Friday.
How to Donate Food
Children’s food items are more specific in types of food and smaller in size. Currently our small food donation location is the children’s section of the Maynard Public Library. For large donations, volunteering opportunities and general questions please contact Audrey Wiseley via email or text.
Most needed items
- Healthy cereal 12oz and under ( Cheerios, Kix, Rice Krispies, Total, Raisin Bran etc.)
- Canned whole pasta dinners (Chef Boyardee, Spaghetti Os, ) 10 oz or smaller
- Low sodium chicken and vegetable soups ( Healthy Choice, Healthy Request) 10oz or smaller
- Canned fruit in own juice pears, peaches, pineapple small 8 oz or smaller
- Healthy snack bars
- Microwave popcorn
- 100% individual juice boxes ( apple, grape and OJ)
Items We Cannot Accept
- Expired food
- Glass containers
- Plastic or foil sealed fruit cups
- Sugar cereals ( pops, fruit loops etc.)
- Juice with added sugar
- Cereal boxes over 12oz
- Canned food over 14 oz.
- Overly sugared snack items
In the news
- Wicked Local, 8/24/2016: Maynard Food Pantry’s backpack program provides food for children